Welcome to the official blog of My Owl Software, creator of the excellent Apple Jack games!



Sunday 10 July 2011

Quick update:

I've designed a number of levels now and things are going well. There should be a great deal of variety from level to level, more so than in the first game, and most of the difficult-to-program 'objects' I've added seem to be behaving themselves. Little alterations to the code here and there as I go along helps keep everything else honest (pigs were literally flying during the last level!).

Just being able to set the size and shape of the level multiplies the possibilities many-fold. So for example I can have a vertically scrolling, block pushing puzzle fest followed by a forced horizontally scrolling saw and spike dodging level, with a free roaming enemy chuck-fest after that. Ideas are coming thick and fast and I hope I can do the game justice.

There should be some stuff in the game that even seasoned platform veterans haven't seen before.

2 comments:

  1. This is really a nice blog with great post, I would really like to keep reading here. Thanks for this nice article, valuable information for all and of course I will recommend my friends to read this for sure.


    frontpage 2003

    ReplyDelete